- Accuracy takes the front seat in JEE new pattern as examiner is not going to see your approach but is only going to see your final answer.
- The primary emphasis is on depth of knowledge, analytical and comprehension skills and attitude.
- If you are a class 11'th/12'th student, try to synergise your school study with the JEE study. While doing a new topic, always do it first from your school textbook followed by higher level books.
- Even if JEE paper does become a bit easier, it may be good idea to prepare according to a tough paper. By following this approach, you can take care of both the tough and the relarively simple paper.
- The method of preparation is changed a bit. Now apart from in-depth knowledge of the subject you need to be familiar with new types of questions that are designed to replace the requirement of subjective test. In this scenario, it would be wise to expose yourself to new types of questions.
- Part-marking is no longer there. Hence writing all steps may be a waste of time. However the schooling system may require you to write all the steps. Hence, you will have to adopt different approaches for both the exams.
- Self Study Plan: School Students: A student going to the school should follow the 4/10 plan, that is self-study for at least 4 hrs. on school days and at least 10 hrs. on holidays. There must be a 7 day or 10 day revision plan as well. 12'th Pass Students: A student not going to the school should follow the 10 hrs. plan, that is self-study for at least 10 hrs. everyday. There must be a 7 day or 10 day revision plan as well.
- It is more important to do a question completely rather than trying to do more half-done questions.
- JEE 2006 aspirants need to put themselves under test conditions once a week to get accustomed. Note that too much of test taking does not help. Only a deep understanding and other personal attributes can get you through JEE and not blind test taking. The frequency of test taking may be less for JEE 2007 aspirants in class 11'th but needs to be higher when they reach class 12'th.
- Do approximations in calculations keeping an eye on the error.
- It may be a good idea to solve some puzzles in your spare time.
- In objective type of questions, method of elimination of options may work to your advantage in many questions. Using dimensional analysis, putting boundary conditions, putting values of variables, working backwards and many more techniques may work in such scenario.
10 Keys to Unplug IIT-JEE
10 Keys to Unlock Mains
10 Tips for IIT JEE Screening Test